15 Ways to Reconnect With Your Sphere During the Holidays
While there is never a bad time to reconnect with your sphere, there is never a better time to do so than the holiday season. The end of the year is the perfect opportunity to strengthen existing client bonds and lay the foundation for new ones. If you’ve been keeping in touch throughout the year, you already have a strong point of entry into the conversation, but if you’re just rekindling the fire, have no fear. These 15 tips are here to help you reconnect with clients in the most natural manner possible.
As you start reaching out, don’t forget that the building blocks of a long-term relationship continue to be coming from a place of care and speaking from the heart. With that in mind, go forth, reconnect, and start building the dream relationships today that you can leverage tomorrow.
But First, the Basics
No matter your preferred method of communication, there are some universal best practices you should keep in mind when reconnecting with your sphere in order to ensure your message is being received in the way in which it was originally intended. As you begin composing your phone script, social post, email, or anything in between, think through the following components of your message:
> Tone: For many people, this year has felt like a continuation of 2020, bringing in a difficult set of challenges. As the holidays near, it is important to approach your reconnecting efforts with one goal in mind: See how your sphere is doing. You should not lead with business talk or expect a return on investment in the current moment. Simply offer your season’s greetings and ask if there is any area of your client’s life where you would be able to provide value.
> Inclusivity: Yes, all the members of your SOI have one important common denominator (they’ve all interacted with an incredible agent such as yourself), but don’t take that to mean that you shouldn’t personalize your message. As you offer holiday wishes, be mindful of the diversity among your sphere and inclusive with your wishes. Not all people celebrate Christmas, so before making your calls, take a moment to familiarize yourself with additional holiday celebrations that take place during this time, and lead with a general “happy holidays” greeting within your communications.
Keeping the basics in mind, here are 15 ways to reconnect with your sphere.
Reconnect… On Social Media
The right messaging and visuals on social media can make your sphere feel seen and appreciated. For Keller Williams agents, Designs within Command is a fantastic way to create quick, beautiful, and engaging assets. Use one of the templates provided in the Holiday Greetings kit (personalized for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa), or customize your own.
Pair it with some caring copy, and you’re well on your way to spreading holiday cheer:
- Season’s greetings! Wishing you a joyous holiday season filled with relaxation and sacred time alongside those that matter the most. If you find yourself in times of need, I am one message away.
- Happy holidays! Whether you are baking cookies for Santa, lighting the menorah or kinara, or anything in between, this holiday season you are in my heart and mind. As the year comes to a close, I am here to help with any questions or resource needs you may have.
- ‘Tis the season! No matter your holiday season traditions, this is the time to hold those nearest to you a bit tighter (perhaps metaphorically if you’re socially distanced)! I wish you the happiest of holidays, filled with laughter, amazing food, and spectacular company. For everything else, I am one message away!
Don’t forget to keep your sphere engaged with quality social media prompts throughout the month. Leverage our December social media calendar to keep your sphere entertained and in-the-know all month long.
Reconnect… via Email
Within your everyday marketing toolkit, email is a powerful tool for establishing local expertise and consistent brand recognition. Here are five holiday content ideas to keep you top-of-mind while providing your sphere with immediate value:
- Create a holiday gift guide featuring local vendors and present it in an email newsletter format. If you can secure discount coupons as well, even better! This will not only help your sphere, but also establish goodwill with local businesses.
- Provide your database a calendar of every seasonal event happening within your town and neighborhood. Take it one step further by including additional details such as any COVID safety precautions that will be taken at each event and any seasonal limited edition items that local businesses might be putting out for sale.
- Create an idea bank with information on how to celebrate the holidays safely and creatively during this year of special circumstances.
- Provide your sphere with a mini themed recipe book. Whether it is sweets, cocktails and mocktails, or five different ways to make hot chocolate, they will surely appreciate it!
- Pick a mix of former clients who are willing to share their holiday traditions and highlight them in a newsletter, while also including a bit of information on the role their home plays within their tradition. This is the perfect time to showcase the role you played in their lives without being overbearing.
Reconnect… Over the Phone
Care calls are a highly personalized way to show your clients that you genuinely care about them and their families. Chances are, by this point, you may have done your fair share of them. KW MAPS Coaching President Monica Reynolds offers up one additional script to add to your arsenal:
Agent: Hi, this is ________ with Keller Williams. Did I catch you at a good time? Do you have a few minutes?
Agent: Great! The purpose of my call is to say hello and check in with you and your family. How are you doing? How is your family? (if appropriate: How are the kids doing with schooling or homeschooling?)
Agent: Everything going well with your job and your company? Client: (responds)
Agent: Since I have you on the phone, do you have any real estate questions I could answer for you about this incredible real estate market?
Agent: (answers any questions) Let me ask you as part of my customer service, what is your current interest rate?
Reconnect… With Virtual Events
While 2021 has seen some in-person events returning, virtual events are here to stay across a variety of industries across the globe. This season, keep everyone engaged by creating virtual opportunities that will bring a hint of light during these dark months. Here are three exciting event ideas:
- Host a holiday-themed scavenger hunt. Your sphere is sure to get riled up as they compete in this family favorite activity.
- Host a ‘hot cocoa bomb’ making class. Chocolate is a universal love language (or, at least it should be). Tap into your sphere’s creative side by hosting one of these classes, made popular by the app TikTok.
- Host a bake-off. Everyone loves friendly competition involving … Cookies? Brownies? Your choice.
- Host a gift-wrapping class. Gift-wrapping is arguably one of the most useful skills to master during the holiday season. Your sphere will be excited to join you on the journey to creating Pinterest-worthy wrapped gifts. Want to go the extra mile? Hand-deliver the necessary materials to their doorstep prior to teaching the course.
Are you starting to think through your arsenal of client events for 2022? Look no further than this client events bank.
Reconnect… Through Handwritten Notes
With such a large percentage of our communication happening digitally, a handwritten note will actually stand out among the crowd. Take some time this holiday season to thank your sphere for being a part of your life. Here are two copy examples you can leverage:
- [Client name], This holiday season, I’d like to express my utmost gratitude for your [insert type of relationship: business, referral, friendship, partnership]. Thank you for allowing me to serve you and your family. If there is anything you need as we enter the new year, please do not hesitate to give me a call.
- [Client name], As the year comes to an end, I’d like to thank you for allowing me to play a part in your real estate journey and serve you and your family. I hope the holiday season brings you joy, laughter, and quality time alongside those that matter most. For everything else, I am one phone call or text away!
Are you ready to start putting your holiday communication plan into action? If you are a Keller Williams agent, keep track of your efforts by using SmartPlans in Command.